Good evening all! Thankfully the last two days have been relatively quiet. No spectacular good news, no spectacular bad news. Can't sleep worth a damn, though, for some reason.
I have been keeping busy enjoying my time around town, though; went out last night to The Playground with some friends. Unfortunately, I was unaware it was karaoke night, so I was in for a decent bit of suffering. On the up-side, though, it was two for $2 signature shots, and I ended up running into five or six friends from high school.
Me and Laney, Corey, Reagan, Tiffany and all enjoy most of the night out, despite the, ahem, "music." I was forced on at least two occasions to step outside to keep my ears from bleeding (and my brain and heart from exploding simultaneously), and definitely mentioned that "karaoke is killing my soul." Plenty of fun all around, though! Some of them can't believe how much I've changed in the last decade; but one was prompted to say that I'm "bad, but in the good way." Very nice.
Random fun quote, from multiple sources: "I'm seriously considering alcoholism as a new career path."
That stuff I had to do for the government went very well, easy and smooth; it was a bit different than what I was expecting, but that happens at times. Actually didn't even take all day, but now it's one less thing to worry about.
Funny/ironic comment I made yesterday about life aspirations: "At this point I'd prefer love to bullet wounds, if at all possible." (I know, it sounds obvious, but there was an important context involved.)
Random news item, apparently someone decided to set off a bomb at the Charleston City Marina yesterday. To whoever done it, you weren't trying to get my friend Tracy, were you?
One last, quick, random item: the local store here has in stock glass bottles of Coke from Mexico- as in the original formula. They aren't too pricey, and I need to pick up a ton of them to bring back with me. Those things are hard to find, and fantastic!
Well, tonight is time to sit back, enjoy a bottle of coke, relax, and listen to the thunderstorm and rain. That and catching up on the fourth season of The Tudors. I'm back to Charlotte Saturday afternoon, just in time for a lot of work. Thursday night is a night off, though, for Karo's show.
That's all for the brief this evening... stay out of trouble, loyal R&C.
No comments:
Post a Comment